So often you hear, "We don't have homelessness in our town." or "It's a big city problem." or "They could get a place if they wanted to." or "Kids aren't homeless."
More than 1.7 million invisible children and youth can be found across America, in every community. They need your help.
HEAR US provides powerful tools and services to understand, identify and assist homeless children and youth.
Babes of Wrath are at it again!
Pat LaMarche and Diane Nilan are doing a short but vital trip to New England starting mid-November to call attention to the dire situation facing millions of homeless families, youth and individuals. Dubbed Frost Bites, a clever title and image created by Babe Mary Parks, Pat and Diane will take their message to:
- NYC, Nov. 13, Columbia University School of Social Work (Professor Markus Redding)
- Portland, Maine, Nov. 15, Think Tank
- Bangor, Maine, Nov. 16, Hussen University
- Salem, MA, Nov. 19, Salem State University
- Worcester, MA, Nov. 21, Worcester Area Mission Society
- and maybe more. Follow the Babes on Facebook, EPIC Journey. Join them if you can! Share the news!