Since 2005, support from people like you has made the invaluable work of HEAR US possible. On behalf of the millions of youth and families you have helped, thank you!
VISIT THE HEAR US 'STORE' online: HEAR US E-STORE
Order books, videos, or make a donation.
or send a check, made out to HEAR US:
115 E Ogden Ave., #117-329
Naperville, IL 60563
We appreciate (tax-deductible) donations of any size! Thank you!
Donations will be acknowledged.
Don't Forget! Donations made to HEAR US are tax-deductible as allowed by law. HEAR US is an approved 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. FEIN 32-0155105
Other ways to support HEAR US:
- Join the monthly donors. Easy to set up a regular donation online. Just click our donation button!
- Hold a fundraiser. Contact us for information.
- Send a gas card. Any gas companies willing to donate? If you have gas cards, please mail to the above HEAR US address.
- Corporate support, matching grants, etc. Let us know of any possibilities. If it's possible to address your service club or organization while Diane's traveling through your community, we're happy to arrange it.
Why HEAR US needs financial support:
Simply put, the uniqueness of this project keeps us from qualifying for traditional grants. And, with the downturn of the economy and soaring homelessness, we'd rather shelters and programs providing direct service get the grants.
For example, HEAR US was asked by a prominent leader working with homeless families with young children to make a short film illustrating the challenges facing this population. With no grant funding, we made the video Littlest Nomads (view on YouTube), and added it to our My Own Four Walls DVD.
HEAR US was asked to create a short film on the invisible issue of "DOUBLED UP." Worn Out Welcome Mat - TX was the pilot project. Kansas followed. And other states have expressed interest.
HEAR US was invited to Kansas to make a short documentary on doubled up. In 2015 this project, Worn Out Welcome Mat - KS was awarded Best Targeted Campaign by the National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth (NAEHCY).
We have confidence that people who know what we do and who we are will support our efforts. So far, so good! Since 2005 we've been doing everything possible to give voice & visibility to homeless children and youth...
Frugal Budget Information:
- Personnel - One paid staff person, Diane, does most of the work (presentations, filming, writing, fundraising, etc.) The board and volunteers do the rest.
- Operations - Supplies, postage, overhead (rent, phone, equipment maintenance, etc.).
- Travel Expenses (gas, parking, tolls, etc.).
- Project Expenses - Video production/distribution, printing
- Capital- Equipment (so far all covered by previous grants!)
- Administration - A necessary expense, is minimal (7% est.)
- In-Kind Services-generous donations of technical, legal, and administrative services